James is growing by the day it seems like. His little arms and legs are getting more meat on them and he's getting taller. His little arms are reaching farther past his head too. He loves to eat and would probably eat all day if I let him. He is starting to smile more and more but usually it's in his sleep. I'm pretty sure he likes to talk to the angels too because he smiles while staring into space. So happy to have this little peace of heaven in our home. He brings such joy, even when he cries, but especially when he looks at us with those little eyes that seem to look right into our very souls. It makes me want to be a better person so that I can teach him good things and be the mom he needs. It's kind of a lot of pressure being a parent and all (just saying). Guess that's why they come little and not being able to talk so that you have a little while to learn a few things before they are teenagers. I once heard that every kid has two things to overcome, his parents. As imperfect parents we are bound to get a lot of things wrong, but hopefully we get a few things right. I was thinking the other day as I was rocking James to sleep that if I could only teach him one thing it would be about the Plan of Salvation. That Jesus Christ lived and died so that we could live again with our Father in Heaven with our families for forever and ever and ever. That is what is most important to me and I hope that every day James will be able to see that through my actions. He will also get to see what repentance is all about too because as hard as I try, I'm am not perfect and make mistakes every single day :) Anyways, things are continuing to go well for these Bench's. James has even decided that his poor mom needs more sleep so he only eats about three times during the night rather than four or five :)

He's got pretty big feet for such a little guy.
Uncle Adam (Elder Keller) wrote James a letter, so naturally, James wrote one back. He is putting his John Hancock on the letter. I traced his hand and had to do it while he was sleeping because that's the only time they aren't in tight little fists.
Looks pretty good if you ask me.
Once again I am not quite fast enough with the camera. Chris was holding James right as he was starting to wake up to eat and James was so tired that his arms were hanging limp rather than straight out like they are in the picture.
Snuggled contently next to daddy after a long day.
This is for Grandma JoJo. This is an outfit she got him and was way too big for him while she was here, but he is starting to fill it out quite nicely. It says, "mommy's hero," which was pretty perfect considering everything this kid has been through.
He's a mouth breather, which means he snores and I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment