Today I am learning to be grateful for all of the things I have to wash. It's a work in progress, and I think I would have a much easier time being grateful if I didn't have to trudge all the way to the bank to get quarters and then all the way down the stairs to get to the washer and dryer hoping that no one else has decided to do their laundry at the same time I have. I suppose it could be worse though. At least I don't have to gather wood for a fire in order to heat the water so that I can then spend hours and hours scrubbing clothes against a washboard and then spend more hours just hanging it up to dry. Yes, I am becoming more grateful by the minute. I only have three people to do laundry for. My wonderful mom had 8 people to do laundry for. Yikes that's a lot of socks to keep straight. Good thing kids usually come one at a time so moms can be slowly acclimated to doing tons and tons of work. As exhausting as laundry is though, if I got to see these happy little faces every time I did it, I would gladly do it over and over and over again thinking that "Life is like laundry, loads and loads of fun!"
Nothing like nice warm laundry to make a little boy smile.
Gotta love that face.
Just chilling before we got to talk to Uncle Adam and the family for Mother's Day.
Growing little arms.
This one is for his grandmas. He just wanted them all to know that he loves them lots and lots.
No comments:
Post a Comment