This is kind of a long video at 16 min but it's definitely worth it. If you only care about the five noises that part starts at about 3min 50 sec into the video.
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Babies Really Do Talk to Us
I love visiting teachers!!!!! Mine came over yesterday and mentioned that I should watch a youtube video about the five cries that babies make that say different things. I've only tried it for a day but I'm a believer. James still cries - like when he's over tired - but he hasn't as much because I listen for those sweet little things he tells me and respond accordingly. I can do more than just rock him and wonder what's wrong or what he wants. I want to find this lady who figured it out and just hug her and then I want to find Oprah and hug her for getting this lady on TV for all the sleep deprived mamas out there. I am pretty sure this wouldn't change the fact that all moms get to be sleep deprived for the first month... or two... or three, but at least they would know all the little reasons why they are running on a hour or so here and there. Too bad these little noises only work for about the first three or four months though. I guess the theory is that by that time we know our babies well enough to be able to read their minds to just know what they want :) For now, I am loving the fact that I can mostly understand what James wants before he has to get all hysterical on me. He is such a good baby and now that his mama is educated on baby language, he's even more smiley if you can imagine. And don't worry, his lungs still get a good workout every now and then. I also think that there should be a sixth word which would be a cute high pitched "aah" which means, "hey mom and dad, don't forget about me in this dark bedroom, I want to come play too."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment