Took the little man to his cardiologist appointment today. He did really well at sitting still for his EKG and even let the nurse take his blood pressure without too much trouble. The hardest test was getting his pulse and that was the one that was supposed to be the most simple test. He just kept wiggling his little finger around too much for the machine to pick it up, so we put it on his big toe and then tried to distract him with stickers. He also didn't even squirm when the doctor came and listened to his heart. I pulled out my stethoscope a few days ago and let him practice listening so he wouldn't be too freaked out at the appointment. Everything sounded okay to the cardiologist, but we are scheduled for an echosound the first part of June. It has to be a sedated one :( and I'm really sad that it has to be that way, but no way would he hold still for 30 minutes straight. The doctor said that if he could he would definitely postpone the echo for another few months, but because the coarctation was the way it was, it was really time to go in and have a look. I am grateful for modern medicine so that we can keep an eye on his heart. Not a day goes by that I don't think of what a miracle it is to have little James in our family. Healthy and happy. I LOVE that little man and feel so blessed to be his mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment