Just in case you needed a new recipe to tasty up your winter season. Disclaimer: I, of course, added my own touches and this and that because I don't follow recipes with exactness very well, so you may have to tweak it to your tastes. The cheese at the end makes it award winning in my opinion.I was making it while scrambling around trying to get Halloween costumes together and was kind of unimpressed with it until I added the cheese. I took one bite after I added the cheese, looked at Chris and said, "Yep. This chili is going to win." We barely got a bowl before it was all gone.
White Chicken Chili
Courtesy of Bonnie Quigley
3 (16oz.) cans Great Northern white beans, undrained
4 c. cooked chicken breasts, shredded or canned chicken to make 4 c.
1 T. olive oil
2 med. onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 (4 oz.) cans chopped mild green chilies
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. ground oregano, crumbled (I just rubbed it between my fingers as I sprinkled it in)
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (can't remember if I put this in or not. It would have been less than 1/4 tsp. if I did)
6 c. chicken stock or canned broth (I made my own using water and chicken bouillon)
3 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese, about 12 oz. (This is definitely a must!)
sour cream
Heat oil, add onions, saute 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne and saute 2 minutes. Add undrained beans and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add chicken and cheese, stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with sour cream if desired. *May need more chicken stock or beans to get consistency you like.
White Chicken Chili
Courtesy of Bonnie Quigley
3 (16oz.) cans Great Northern white beans, undrained
4 c. cooked chicken breasts, shredded or canned chicken to make 4 c.
1 T. olive oil
2 med. onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 (4 oz.) cans chopped mild green chilies
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. ground oregano, crumbled (I just rubbed it between my fingers as I sprinkled it in)
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (can't remember if I put this in or not. It would have been less than 1/4 tsp. if I did)
6 c. chicken stock or canned broth (I made my own using water and chicken bouillon)
3 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese, about 12 oz. (This is definitely a must!)
sour cream
Heat oil, add onions, saute 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne and saute 2 minutes. Add undrained beans and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add chicken and cheese, stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with sour cream if desired. *May need more chicken stock or beans to get consistency you like.
No comments:
Post a Comment