Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teeth, Tears, and Snuggles

I was surprised today to find some new chompers sprouting up in the little man's mouth. He's been terribly cranky lately but for some reason I didn't suspect teething. Probably because he's having a rough time with life at the moment. Poor guy has a fissure too so he screams in pain whenever he has to go number two. (a fissure is a tear in the anus in case you didn't know). I have stopped all of his applesauce, banana, rice, etc. consumption in hopes of softening up his little stools so he doesn't have to be in pain for too much longer. I want to just cry for him every time he has to go because after pushing for almost four hours trying to bring him into the world, I know exactly what he's going through. I am only writing this in hopes that if any of you have kids with the problem you know you're not alone :) I have been putting lavender essential oil on his little bum to try to dull the pain. Hopefully I'll find something that works for him soon. Breaks my heart to see him hurt at all. And now with the teeth causing pain, he is extra sleepy and extra snuggly and extra cranky. Well... as cranky as he gets. Even cranky he's pretty happy and a game of "I'm gonna get you," always brings a smile even if he's crying.

I don't have any pictures today to post but I thought a top 10 list of James' new abilities would be fun for the grandmas.
1. Loves saying "all done" out loud and in sign language. It's the cutest thing at 1 in the morning.
2. Gives the best, slobbery kisses ever. Even if they are on his terms.
3. Prefers to walk up stairs like a big person while holding onto my hands rather than climbing them like a
    little person.
4. Makes a dog sound whenever he sees a picture of one.
5. Likes to brush his own teeth.
6. Loves cheese
7. Loves to take pen caps off and put them back on over and over with an occasional tasting of the pen
8. Goes to bed around 7:30 every night and wakes up around 7:30 in the morning (still wakes up at night        
    occasionally)
9. Plays peek a boo every day
10. Likes to test his parents by throwing food from his highchair and dropping toys behind the couch to which he responds with a surprised "did I do that" look on his face every time.

It's hard to imagine what life was like without this little bundle of joy. Love him more every day. And even though he's been a little cranky lately, he's been a little more snuggly lately too and I will take those baby snuggles however I can get them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment