Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Families are Forever
I recently learned of another baby who is in the NICU and it brought tears to my eyes. They weren't tears of sadness though. I think of those new parents who get to learn so many wonderful things from this experience, and I know that they will be so much better because of this experience and they were pretty great before. In my heart I knew everything would be okay with James. I knew the surgery would go well and that we would get to take him home and that all would be well with his heart. I knew that this was something that James needed to overcome. That it was part of his earthly experience. I didn't know that I would learn so much from it. I am so grateful for the many prayers that kept us afloat during those moments when I wanted to just curl up and cry. I am learning once again that we are all in this together. Babies are sent to us to help us become more like our Father in Heaven. I only thought I knew what love was before James, but now I can't describe it because it's so deep. I have a deeper testimony of prayer and I have a greater love for my savior. I am so grateful that James came to our family and I wouldn't change a thing about how he came to us. I pray for these other parents and I hope that you would also pray for them as well because there is no such thing as too many prayers. It's sometimes the only thing we can do for someone, but it's also the best thing we can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment