Thursday, March 26, 2015

Umbrellas Make Everything Better

After coming home early from a date, cleaning up throw up, hardly sleeping for two nights, and not leaving my house for a week, I can now say that I am so grateful for my normally rambunctious boys. I will take couch jumping, can't sit still, crazy boys over ones that are too sick to leave the couch. Poor boys. Both of them lost weight that they didn't have to lose, but I can now say that they have their appetites back and my oh my are they robust. James woke up twice to eat in the middle of the night to eat when he was finally feeling better and hasn't really stopped eating. He eats more than I do some days. Seth eats an avocado a day and pretty much anything else that touches those cute little lips if he can get away with it. James is now a pro at getting his temperature taken. He just lifts his little arm up whenever he sees the thermometer. He got sick and tired of me holding the drink in his face until he would drink, but he survived. I must say that if I have to be thrown up on, then baby food peaches are the way to go. Poor little Seth. He was in the moby so there was no where else for it to go but all over the two of us. I was starting to feel yucky as well, but I told my body it wasn't allowed because I was going to the temple that night for like the first time in months. I figured it was Satan trying to get me not to go. He lost! It was a beautiful night and no sickness for me :) 

I had been trying to get James to drink more, so I would put an umbrella in it with a straw. He would take a sip and then just wanted it next to him so he could look at it. 

I was on the couch with a sleeping, sick Seth resting on my chest, when Chris handed me a smoothie. I just had a small glass, but James insisted I get an umbrella and a straw and spoon. James picked out my umbrella, opened it, grabbed the biggest spoon he could find and brought them to me. He is so fun!! Umbrellas were the silver linings in this bout of sickness. I am so done with sick kiddos though. Mostly, I would like to be able to go to an event without having to cancel. That said. There is no where I would rather be than with my kids when they are sick, besides, I don't think I have the movie Cars quite memorized yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment