Saturday, January 10, 2015

Christmas Vacation Part 1

The best part about traveling with two small children to see the grandparents is that when you get to the other side of the plane ride, those said grandparents (and really really really awesome husband) let you sleep the next day away. I haven't gotten that much sleep all together since... well I can't exactly remember it's been so long. But it was GLORIOUS!! My poor boys had RSV right before we left and then I caught it the day we left Florida. I never realized the difference between a normal cold and RSV but the latter is so much worse than a cold. It all makes sense now why my home remedies for colds just weren't quite doing the trick. I'm sure they helped some though. James spent an ENTIRE day on the couch before we left he was so sick. I knew he was feeling better when he started jumping on the cushions. He now has a favorite movie...Cars. We probably watched it at least 3 times that day. We had to cancel two Christmas parties because of sick kiddos, and I'm still a little sad at that but nothing beats being a mom.

Pretty sure I have the BEST in-laws on the planet. And I'm not just saying that because I know they'll read this. ;) I was truly blessed to find their son. It was such a fun trip. Although, I think next time I'm going to put Grandpa on bedtime duty. Haha!! That will probably result in James putting Grandpa to sleep. Seth had Grandma on ball duty whenever he had the chance. Ball duty is when grandma holds Seth and bounces on an exercise ball. I'm pretty sure Grandma didn't mind. James got to ride the tractor, play in the snow, ride the 4-wheeler, help make a gingerbread house, learn how to operate the water (much to our chagrin), go to the store, go to a different nursery, leave cookies for Santa, got lots of diggers, meet Great Grandma Roberts, Uncle Josh, and soon to be Aunt April (he still talks about Josh and April), and so much more that I'm probably forgetting. He had us all tired by the time bed time rolled around. He was so fun most of the time. Seth was full of giggles and smiles once he could breathe normally again. He tried rice cereal, gagged the first few times, and now practically inhales the stuff. He loves real food. I loved sleeping in and all the talks we had together. Chris loved everything, especially the pies. Oh those delicious pies!! It was a beautiful Christmas and I am so grateful we got the chance to spend it with family. Lots of wonderful memories.

James and Great Grandma Roberts. He kept asking her things and saying, "oh hi, Great Grandma Roberts." She is seriously a woman I look up to and hope to be like one day. 

Riding the 3-wheeler with Grandpa. 

And Daddy. 

Cuties.


We made gingerbread houses. We even roasted a gingerbread man on a spit in the backyard of our gingerbread house. Not sure how that came about... but it makes for an interesting story. 

He kept teasing Grandpa by stealing his hat. Best Grandpa ever :) 

I think this was both of their favorite places. 

Happy as a clam in that tractor. His little boy dream come true. 

On a jet ski. 

Uncle Josh and James

Seth entertaining his beautiful almost Aunt April and Uncle Josh :) 

Happy boy on Christmas morning. 

Oh how I love this happy face :)

And these two cuties. 






No comments:

Post a Comment