Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Monkey Business

In this house James is known as, "little monkey." Not exactly sure why that stuck, but it probably has something to do with the fact that he's like Curious George...into everything. And he climbs and hangs off of things just as I would imagine a real monkey does. He also has a little personality that somehow brings a smile to all the faces he sees. Whenever we go to the store, I feel like I'm walking around with a celebrity because so many people want to stop and have a chat with this little man. Probably because he waves at everyone and says, "hi." And then he starts climbing out of the cart...just because he thinks he can. I am seriously thinking about taking my little convertible high chair strap with us shopping just so I can keep the kid alive :) And today I showed him how to put his stool close to the wall so he could reach the light switch. It was that or have him leap off the couch in hopes of reaching the light switch, only to hit the wall and....well you get the point. He's definitely a little monkey, but he's starting to help out too. He'll carry dishes from the table to the sink after dinner. He helps unload the dishes from the dishwasher by handing me the silverware. Unless of course he sees a utensil he likes and then it's all down hill from there :) He's usually pretty good about putting his diapers in the garbage after we change him. And.....he gives me back rubs!! He saw Chris giving me one so now he will come karate chop for a minute on my back just for fun. Yes, we are teaching him young how to get on mom's good side :)

He likes to unload the cupboards so there is room for him to climb in. 




So I had this great idea for a fun activity for this kid. Something that would help with hand eye coordination. 

and he was really good at scooping the hot chocolate into the bowl with the spoon until...

he tasted it. 

And then the scooping action disappeared and the licking began. He did manage to get a good 5 minutes out of the activity before tasting it though.

He loves his new house. 

He goes in and closes the door and then talks to his toys are animals. 

Or whatever else he happens to drag in. He even closes the door when he's not in there. 

At the mall playing with daddy :) 

That's what the little monkey has been up to lately. Oh and did I mention the kid LOVES bananas. I think he dreams about them at night because that's the first thing he says in the morning when he walks into the kitchen. And he's knows Target keeps them at the checkout stands :) We were there tonight and started walking past the checkouts without a banana in sight and he starts saying, "nana." Good thing we somehow managed to dodge the aisle that did have bananas or we would have indulged the kid like we usually do at Target by getting him a banana. At least it better than crackers right? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment