Dear Children,
One day, I hope you will thank me for persuading you to eat your vegetables. I hope you also will forgive me for occasionally, ok consistently, hiding them in smoothies and muffins and everything else that might have the possibility of tasting good with a vegetable in it. I have agonized over how to make something that's healthy tasty enough for you to want to eat it. There are times when I have failed at the whole it's-healthy-but-still-tastes-good aspect but I promise I'm working on that. It doesn't help that I have trained my taste buds to enjoy the "healthy" aspect of foods so what is not so good to others, I think is delicious because I'm sure I can taste those awesome vitamins from the food that are making my body happy. It's like I tell your father all the time, "once you get past the gag reflex it's not so bad." By the time you are teenagers I plan to have your taste buds trained to enjoy tasting things that are good for you. After all, "sometimes we eat food because it tastes good, most of the time we eat food because it's good for us."
Love,
Mom
PS. Next time I make a healthy-but-not-so-tasty dinner do you think you could be a little kinder in your reviews. Thanks :)
One day, I hope you will thank me for persuading you to eat your vegetables. I hope you also will forgive me for occasionally, ok consistently, hiding them in smoothies and muffins and everything else that might have the possibility of tasting good with a vegetable in it. I have agonized over how to make something that's healthy tasty enough for you to want to eat it. There are times when I have failed at the whole it's-healthy-but-still-tastes-good aspect but I promise I'm working on that. It doesn't help that I have trained my taste buds to enjoy the "healthy" aspect of foods so what is not so good to others, I think is delicious because I'm sure I can taste those awesome vitamins from the food that are making my body happy. It's like I tell your father all the time, "once you get past the gag reflex it's not so bad." By the time you are teenagers I plan to have your taste buds trained to enjoy tasting things that are good for you. After all, "sometimes we eat food because it tastes good, most of the time we eat food because it's good for us."
Love,
Mom
PS. Next time I make a healthy-but-not-so-tasty dinner do you think you could be a little kinder in your reviews. Thanks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment