Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Midnight Shenanigans

So the other night I was peacefully sleeping, a rare commodity these days, when I awoke to a noise in the kitchen and saw the light turn on. In the optimistic region of my brain I thought, "Oh, Chris is just getting something." Then I rolled over to go back to sleep and see Chris still in bed, sleeping soundly. Uh oh. That could only mean one thing. James. I dragged myself out of bed and was all ready to demand that it was much to early to be awake when I rounded the corner of the counter and see my little boy sitting on the floor eating, of all things, Nutella. I don't even want to know how he got the Nutella, but he had two spoonfuls of the stuff and was happily licking away. He'd even put the lid back on. It's a good thing I don't normally have the stuff in the house. I really wanted to take a picture, but I couldn't find the camera fast enough and mostly I just wanted to hurry and get him back in bed before Seth woke up. That didn't work. I think they had a pact to tag team me the whole night. Just when I got Seth back in bed, James came out saying, "I NEED some Fooooood!" Mini teenager I tell you. In about 12 years hopefully I'll just be able to stay in bed while the kid gets his midnight snack. I don't know what to do about the midnight, "I need to go to the slide."


He's into taking toys to the slide these days. The kid says, "I need to go to the slide," hands down more than any other phrase he knows. 

Happy little stroller man!!



He's getting ready to go places, but hopefully not for another month or two. He was doing tummy time on the boppy but I guess he really wanted that toy.

I was feeding Seth when James said, "I put the ball on the potty." Now if I could just get the kid to put himself on the potty :) 


James trying not to smile. 


Best way to go down the slide. I even tried it. I am definitely not in my teens anymore :) 

He grabbed the pear out of my hands, sucked on it for a good long while, whimpered whenever I tried taking it away, and.....

was just plain mad when he dropped it. 

Cutest thing ever. I was making dinner and James though Seth needed some Christmas decorations to look at while he was swinging. 


No comments:

Post a Comment