We decided to go to the beach on both Saturday and Monday for Labor day. What a blast! Saturday we went to Daytona Beach and the weather was perfect. We got to park right on the beach for 5 bucks. It was so much fun and James didn't want to leave. We tried our hands at skim boarding. Chris was a natural of course and I managed to not fall and actually got both feet on the board once. James loved the clear, blue water and the little fish in it. We had to pry ourselves away because little Seth decided he'd had enough. We then changed clothes at a Baskin-Robbins and toured a the chocolate factory Angell and Phelps. It wasn't that cool, but we did get free chocolate....is there any other reason to tour a chocolate factory??? We tried walking around but there wasn't much else to see. We ate a Longhorn for dinner, but probably should have just gotten something faster because our boys were all tuckered out and tired of listening to us. I think I even left my brand new changing pad there after I changed diapers :( It's the second one I've lost and I'm so sad. It was a day to remember and I am so glad we got to spend it together.
Yes, this is for real. I guess it's one of their best selling items. We didn't try it though. $7.25 was just more than we wanted to spend.
A family dug this hole and put up an umbrella to keep the sun off their kids. James LOVED it.
Trying his hand at skim boarding. He kept following Chris around. It was the cutest thing to watch.
Little man chilling in the chair under the umbrella.
On Monday we went to Cocoa Beach with the Barwicks. James LOVES Tayli and talks about her all the time. It was a hot day and we probably stayed a little too long, but it was so good to get out and enjoy the sunshine. I even got to boogie board and managed to ride a wave all the way onto the beach. Couldn't tell you how I did it, but it was awesome. Good day spent with good friends.
James and Tayli.
Sure is fun living within 1 or 2 hours from tons of beaches :)
No comments:
Post a Comment