Sunday, August 18, 2013

Top Ten

Sorry it's taken me so long to post. We've just been living....and I'm sort of hooked on indexing so whenever I get a free minute that's usually what I'm doing. Can I just say that I have never been more conscious of how neatly I write now that I am constantly trying to decipher what someone wrote a long time ago. and Cursive hand-writing when it's done right is BEAutiful! Anyways, I thought it might be kind of fun to do a top ten for the little man for the grandparents :) 

1. Just got one of his eye-teeth and let me tell you it was a whopper coming in. Poor kid got a 102 fever and just wanted to do nothing, but he couldn't sit still so he would kind of lie on the floor for a minute and then get a burst of energy and run around for a minute. I had to break out the tylenol again (much to my dismay) because the homeopathics weren't working as well as they usually did. I am sort of dreading the other one coming in and I know it's on it's way. Hopefully he'll actually eat the frozen stuff I give him to help. 

2. He learns a new animal/other sound almost every. single. day! Tonight he learned that thunder goes 'boom.' These are the animal sounds he says on a regular bases: horse, cow, skunk (I ask him what a skunk smells like and he waves his hand in front of his nose and says peee-uuuu), pig (sort of just grunts because he can't quite figure out the snort sound) snake, frog, elephant, sheep, gorilla (pounds his fists on his chest while saying 'oo oo oo'), monkey, rooster, chicken, dog, duck....I guess I could keep going but that's all I can think of right now. 

3. Wakes up almost every morning between 7 or 7:30 and says good morning to Mr. Frog who is the frog that lives in between the screen and the window in his bedroom. He says good morning by saying "ribbit, ribbit." He also says 'daddy' as soon as his diaper is changed and then wanders through the apartment until he finds his daddy. He also tries to wear his daddy's shoes. 

4. Loves bananas!! He asks for a 'nana' every day. 

5. When I ask for kisses he puts his forehead down so I can kiss his forehead. He learned this from his Grandma JoJo. 

6. Insists on putting the lid back on whatever happens to be lidless at the moment. 

7. Favorite game is "where did it go?" He takes whatever he's holding and puts it behind him or under something and holds up his little hands and asks/mumbles "where'd it go?" Then he'll pull it out and mumble "there it is." Did this tonight at the dinner table with his food. He also likes to hide under/behind blankets, pillows, and shower curtains. Until we ask "where did James go?"

8. Tries to copy what we say and do. My favorite new word he says is "pizza."

9. Walks daddy to the stairs every day and insists on going for a walk with daddy when he gets home from work. Sometimes he waves goodbye to mommy on his way out the door in the mornings. 

10. Is the best at saying "amen." We tell him to fold his arms for prayer and he usually just bows his head and says amen emphatically at the end...sometimes he says amen at the beginning and tries to run off. Work in progress, but he's getting the general idea. 

Eating breakfast like a big boy..no high chair.  

Reading books with daddy. This melts my heart every time. 




Just another day in the life of a Bench :)

No comments:

Post a Comment