Thursday, March 14, 2013

All Moved In...Hooray!!!!!

I think it's safe to say that moving just plain stinks! I like the being in a new place with new views out my windows, but the moving part is well...just not the best. I will say though that without the best visiting teachers in the world and some really great sisters and brethren from the church, this whole moving thing could have been a lot worse. I am forever grateful to our friends in New Canaan for all they have taught us and all the prayers in our behalf. I will miss my cute little town tremendously, but I know this is where the Lord wants our little family at this stage of our lives. That gives peace more than words can describe.

Anyways, James was a dream on the way down. He slept most of the way and babbled happily to the angels all the other time that he was awake. He did manage to grab the bag of cheerios and spread them everywhere. I mean we are talking everywhere. I would take him out of the carseat to run into a store and cheerios would keep falling out of nowhere all the way in and all the way back to the car. I took a picture but I have no idea where the cord is for the camera so you'll just have to keep being patient. The trip was just long mostly. Our car had another coil go out in North Carolina, but it was an easy fix...expensive... but relatively easy on our part, thanks to our handy dandy new iphones to help us find a mechanic in the middle of nowhere. We just caught the tail end of a yucky snowstorm so that was lucky...no that was a blessing! I am so happy to be done driving for a while. It was a good experience though and it was fun just chilling at the hotels for a few hours. We learned that we have a little water bug for a son. He sure loves to swim. Good thing because we have a pool that he can swim in until his heart's content :) The best part about this move is that James gets his very own room. I LOVE not having a baby in our room and I am pretty sure James loves not having his parents in his room. I also love that we  get more apartment for less money than in New Canaan. I also have a washer and dryer that I don't have to share with anyone, and I don't have to use quarters anymore :) Yes, I think this place will be good to us. I will just have to keep telling myself that when August rolls around and all I'll want to do is stay indoors so that we don't roast in the heat. I love that I can wear shorts and sandals in March. Our room faces the rising sun so I don't even have to get out of bed to catch the sunrise :) We have a balcony. We live on the third floor so that we are sure to get exercise going up and down those stairs. We are five minutes from a super Target. Can I just say that whoever decided to make super stores is my hero right now. I love that I only have to get James in and out of the carseat once to get all my groceries. However, once I get back into my couponing, I will probably not have the luxury of only having to go to one store. Although I will be saving some cash so that will make it all worth it :)

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear things are going so great!!!! i'm glad james was good for you on the way down (: soooo jealous it's warm where you are and you are close to a target (with a real parking lot!!!). things sound awesome!!!! can't wait to hear how you like your new ward (: also! pictures please!!

    ReplyDelete