Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prayers for Newtown Families

My heart breaks for those families who lost their dear, innocent children and friends yesterday. I've met some of those families and the tears won't stop pouring down my cheeks as I think of their heartache. I pray with all my might that all involved may be comforted and will eventually be able to find peace again. I know there will always be a sense of loss, but I hope that one day they will be able to know without a doubt that their beloved children and friends are not lost, but simply waiting for them on the other side. They are clean and whole in our Heavenly Father's eyes and He receives them with arms outstretched, enveloping them in His perfect love. I pray for the family of the person who took those innocent lives and the heartache that they must be feeling. I pray because it's the best thing I know how to do right now. I know with all of my heart that we can find hope and peace through our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is a huge reminder to me of what Christmas is truly all about. The birth of Jesus Christ. What else is there? In my book what He did for us was the greatest gift of all. I hold my little boy close to me and thank my Father in Heaven for every single day I get to spend with him, because I never know what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment