Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Grateful Tuesday

I am so grateful for today. And for yesterday. And for tomorrow. Yesterday was terrible. The kind of terrible that has a mom running to her closet and crying the ugly cry because it all seems a little too much. More like impossibly too much. Little people demanding her attention all at once and as loud as possible. The food wasn't good enough. The swim lessons got cancelled...after driving all the way to the pool. The fighting. The crying. The the the...Not unlike every other family at some point or another. Not unlike every other mom out there who is pretty sure she's screwing her kids up for life, thinking that if she'd only done it differently or better then it wouldn't be so hard. Her kids might act better if she would just do her job better. Wondering how in the world she's supposed to help these adorable little people of hers learn to handle their big emotions if she can't even handle her own. The kind of day when she's pretty sure her brain is just mush. The kind of day when a good man in her life makes ALL the difference. Chris came home and saved the day. He listened while I told him my woes of the day. He talked so patiently and lovingly to those little people who we love so dang much. He told them a story. He was for them what I couldn't be at the moment. Then he told me to just sit and color on the iPad painting app while he loaded and set the dishwasher...and I actually sat and scribbled my stress away. I am grateful beyond words for that man of mine. I always think that if every wife had a man like him for a husband, perhaps the world would be a better place. I hope my little boys grow up and each find a good woman to marry and treat them the way their daddy showed them how to.
Today, was a much better day...because of yesterday. Something about opposition in all things I'm sure. I still had moments of complete craziness, but those aren't going anywhere. It's all the in between moments that make life so grand.
And who knows what tomorrow will be. It could be terrible... or it could be amazing. It will probably be both. I'm just so grateful for a tomorrow any way it comes. And with a little face like this to stare at every few hours, well...

...life just doesn't get a whole lot better than that. Except maybe staring into the eyes of all four of my boys. The older ones were playing and too busy for a picture. This one is still little enough to not be able to escape the camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment