Because my imagination is just too tired to work these days I am just going to give you 5 fun facts this week.
1. James LOVES to pray. If we don't fold our arms right away as we sit down to eat he gives us "the stare" with his arms folded until we do. He also repeats the last word I say when I ask him to pray. Cutest thing ever. It's good to know that we're doing something right as parents by teaching him the importance of talking to Heavenly Father on a regular basis. Sometimes we have to pray several times throughout a meal. It really makes you dig deep and say more sincere prayers.
2. James sets and clears the table for dinner. I hand him plates one at a time and he carries them over. He also carries some of the food dishes without spilling. He'll put the hot pads in the drawer, and dirty dishes in the sink. I usually just sit at the table while Chris supervises in the kitchen after dinner. Awesome set up if you ask me.
3. Chris is the best husband in the whole wide world. I love that man and am so grateful for how good he is to us. He even flies around his remote helicopter for James every evening (pretty sure he enjoys it almost as much as James does). James' word for helicopter is "ha chi chi."
4. James' favorite word for the moment is a very emphatic "NO" much to my dismay. The good news is that he still usually does what I ask before I get to the count of three.
5. James went poop in the toilet!!!! I just wish he knew exactly how awesome that was. He was in the bath tub with Chris supervising and started to say, "poop" so Chris put him on the potty and he went. We even flushed it down and waved goodbye. Unfortunately he wasn't quite done so we still had an accident in the bath. Gross I know, but I'm calling it a little victory the fact that it all didn't end up in the bath. We are by no means close to potty training yet, but he's becoming more aware so in my untrained mommy book that's a step in the right direction.
1. James LOVES to pray. If we don't fold our arms right away as we sit down to eat he gives us "the stare" with his arms folded until we do. He also repeats the last word I say when I ask him to pray. Cutest thing ever. It's good to know that we're doing something right as parents by teaching him the importance of talking to Heavenly Father on a regular basis. Sometimes we have to pray several times throughout a meal. It really makes you dig deep and say more sincere prayers.
2. James sets and clears the table for dinner. I hand him plates one at a time and he carries them over. He also carries some of the food dishes without spilling. He'll put the hot pads in the drawer, and dirty dishes in the sink. I usually just sit at the table while Chris supervises in the kitchen after dinner. Awesome set up if you ask me.
3. Chris is the best husband in the whole wide world. I love that man and am so grateful for how good he is to us. He even flies around his remote helicopter for James every evening (pretty sure he enjoys it almost as much as James does). James' word for helicopter is "ha chi chi."
4. James' favorite word for the moment is a very emphatic "NO" much to my dismay. The good news is that he still usually does what I ask before I get to the count of three.
5. James went poop in the toilet!!!! I just wish he knew exactly how awesome that was. He was in the bath tub with Chris supervising and started to say, "poop" so Chris put him on the potty and he went. We even flushed it down and waved goodbye. Unfortunately he wasn't quite done so we still had an accident in the bath. Gross I know, but I'm calling it a little victory the fact that it all didn't end up in the bath. We are by no means close to potty training yet, but he's becoming more aware so in my untrained mommy book that's a step in the right direction.
Silly google+ thought our sandy playground picture was snow so it made it snow for a cool effect. The only snow we will ever see in Florida :)
I LOVE this face.

That's great he went even if it's just a start! We tried that with Eli and taught him how to grunt ;) just for our own laughs! I wish we didn't live across the country from each other because I think these boys would be really good friends. Eli makes us pray several times during the meal too. What characters!
ReplyDeleteWhenever we put James on the toilet now he grunts and groans. It's hilarious :) I am positive our boys would be great friends and I wish we didn't live so far away either. James needs more boys to play with.
ReplyDelete