Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Vacation

I LOVE FLORIDA!!!! Just had to say that. The weather is WONDERFUL even on colder days.

We played in the rain today. I do love the rain. Most people wish for the sun to come out, but I wish for rain. It smells so clean and refreshing. Perhaps, I love the rain so much because if it rained for at least two days in a row then maybe, just maybe I would get out of changing irrigation pipe for the day in order to bake cookies for my dad. I have an awesome dad!!!

Anyways, back to Christmas. It was so much fun this year. Kids make the holidays so much more fun. James loved ripping open the presents, but he really loved his daddy being home for a whole week. We were so blessed this year. We have the sweetest neighbors that gave us a bunch of toys for James. We wrapped them up and let him open them on Christmas... And they are still giving us toys. What a blessing!!!

    
Among the donated box of toys was this batman mask and James says, "I"m batman," in his most gravelly voice manageable. Oh and those are his new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajamas he got for Christmas. 

James' most used present by far was one that wasn't intended as a gift at all...and I'm still contemplating sending them back, with James to play with them of course, to the AWESOME grandparents who sent them. For now I have the box sealed, and in a safe place for a rainy day when we have nothing else to do and feel like picking up packing peanuts over and over and over again :) It was fun.




And in between Christmas and New Years we managed to squeeze in a trip to the beach. It was a little cold, but the sun came out just for us. 

Building a sand castle. 

The master sculptor. 






3 comments:

  1. How old is he now? I feel like he is barely older than Eli but seems sooo smart! What a sweet boy! P.S. did you find out the gender of baby #2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. James turns two at the end of March so he's not too much older, but he wants to be five some days just so he can do more. Crazy kid.
    We find out the gender next week!!! It feels like this pregnancy has gone by sooo fast...now that the sickness part is mostly over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I remembered that he was born in March but I can't believe how much he's talking! Eli doesn't say anything with more than one syllable
    I'm glad you're feeling better now and not so nauseous! But I bet it will continue to fly by as you chase James around. You should post a baby belly pic :) they're always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete