Tuesday, September 17, 2013

At Least....

Sometimes I think I have a tornado for a son rather than a little boy. Or maybe little boys are tornadoes??? After sweeping 4 times, mopping 3 times, folding all the laundry only to have half of it unfolded, scrubbing dry erase marker out of the carpet, and, and, and....I realized that I kept saying two little words to myself as I was feeling like Cinderella. At least. I just had to keep telling myself that at least it was only orange juice I had to mop up instead of syrup. At least he drank all of his green smoothie (and LIKED it!!) before he chucked his cup on the floor. At least it was only a dry erase marker rather than a permanent marker. At least I have a floor to sweep and at least I have clothes to wash. At least I have messes to clean up. At least I actually managed to squeeze a shower in today :) Yes, those two little words helped me keep things in perspective today. I am exhausted no doubt about it, but I would do it all again and again and again and again. Good thing I feel that way, right? :)

This is how we rock our green smoothies. It always tastes better if you get it all over :)


He found the potato pearls and thought they looked better all over the floor. He literally took handfuls and threw them. I decided to take pictures instead of freaking out. At least it wasn't the rice :)

It just looks better all over the floor right :) 



Like father like son.

Whenever we go to costco we have to stop by the big body pillows they have. James LOVES them. He especially loves getting in them and feeling the 'softness.'

My little missionary :)

(I sewed elastic with buttons into these pants so they would fit around his tiny waist. Way better than a safety pin. He's too tall for 12 month pants that fit him in the waist, but too skinny for 18 month clothes. I share this in case any other mamas out their have the same problem with kids' clothes. I would love some more tips and tricks if you have any :)

I LOVE this boy...tornado tendencies and all!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love my tornado boy too! It must be the gender! So please tell me more about how you keep James from walking outof his pants! Eli has no bum so they start to slide down and he walks right out of them, haha. I need this tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Glad my kid isn't the only one :)James has started taking his pants off in public because they are too big and he thinks it's funny when I get after him for it. Aye Aye Aye!!! Boys. I will make a blog post about it with pictures because pictures are way better than words. Just wanted to know if it would be interesting to someone :)

      Delete
  2. You are such a good mom, Emma! I look up to you a lot. We are so glad you guys moved to Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly!!! You guys have definitely made this move A LOT easier!!! :)

      Delete