As I was doing the dishes yet again, I said to my husband, "Sometimes I feel like all I do is wash dishes." And that handsome man answered back without even a second's passing, "but you're a mom....that's what moms do. They wash stuff." Oh yeah. Silly me. Just this morning my adorable little munchkin reminded me of this truth. He thought that his bowl of oatmeal would look better on the floor so naturally that's where he put it. Can I just say that mushy oatmeal is close to IMPOSSIBLE to get out of carpet. I do believe I will be scrubbing more on that little mess for days to come. I remember thinking that I was just grateful that it was fresh oatmeal rather than oatmeal in vomit form :) I don't think my day would feel as productive if I didn't have to wash something. And all this pondering about washing things has helped me realize that my role as mother extends far beyond simply washing dishes. There are a few things that no matter how hard I try I will never be able to wash away. The ultimate washer is Jesus Christ. He suffered on the cross and gave his life so that He could wash away our mistakes and help us to be clean so that we can live with our Father in Heaven again. It's my job to teach my children about this truth. If my kids can only remember one thing from their childhood when they are all grown up I hope that it is that they are a child of God and that He loves them more than they will ever know. In the words of a primary child, "Think of how much your parents love you, God loves you a trillion billion times more than this." I hope that I can teach my kids this. I also think that even if a woman is single or married without kids, she's still a mother at heart and I pray that she will exert her good influence on the children she knows whether they be students, nieces, nephews, or whatever. Moms need all the help they can get these days, but more importantly kids need all the help and good role models they can get these days with how crazy this world is getting. My husband was right, moms are for washing and for teaching about Jesus Christ-the only one who can truly 'wash' our sins away.

Got green smoothie?
This kid loves pasta!
My 4 layered Pina Colada cake that sold for $55 dollars at a fundraiser auction :) I'd call that a success!
Always a surprise waiting with this kid.
We've reached a new level. He knows how to climb onto things now.
No comments:
Post a Comment