Monday, August 13, 2012
When All Else Fails...
just laugh! So it's been an interesting few days and somehow we have managed to survive. I have learned to laugh more often instead of cry and my what a difference it has made! Who would have thought that spilling a stool sample all over my kitchen table could have taught me to live by the saying "come what may and love it!" Just imagine a new mom who looks utterly frazzled huddled over a dirty diaper with a plastic spoon trying to scrape all the poop she can get into a vial for a stool sample (don't worry I was wearing gloves) before it all soaks up into the diaper and an adorable but naked baby (not even a diaper) lying on the floor just babbling away happily as he reaches for a plant to play with while he is practically covered in poop (because that mom was trying to hurry too fast to even wipe all the poop off). And then picture that hurried new mom's face as she knocks over the vial of sample all over her kitchen table... I realized in that moment that I had two choices...1) I could get really frustrated with myself and probably end up in tears...again or 2) I could throw my head back and laugh because it was just too funny and there was absolutely nothing I could do to save that sample (it was the third sample because the first two attempts had failed also). I chose that latter because I didn't have any more energy to get upset and I had caught sight of my darling little boy as he was about to chew on that plant he had grabbed (don't worry I saved the plant just in time). I cleaned up my mess and sterilized my table...a couple of times...put little James in a nice, warm bath to clean him all up, wrapped him up in a blanket and just giggled the whole time. I never thought it would take such a yucky mess to help me realize that sometimes it's better just to laugh...okay maybe most times. Anyways, gross story I know, but it was our reality for a while and I hope you got a few chuckles out of it as well. I am happy to say that the next stool sample attempt was a smashing success that only took one diaper and the baby stayed fully clothed too ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment